Ep 12: Engage with Purpose. Engage your Investors. Build for the Long Term. A Conversation with Scott Sandland
In this episode I sit down with Scott Sandland, CEO and Co-founder for Cyrano.ai where we discuss:
- How does a Non-technical founder build a successful technical AI company? Focus on the problem.
- How do you manage your investors, especially when you are building for the long term and not fast growth? Make sure they are bought in to the vision and the founders
- What is artificial empathy? How is that compared to natural language processing?
- How do you navigate? Focus and having a purpose. Staying true to your course despite other distractions and opinions.
- How do you find the right Product-market fit? How do you do market research with no money? Leverage pilots and unscalable products
- What do investors, including friends and family, want to know? They want to know the ups and the downs; they don’t just want good news.
- What is effective communication? He’s a great public speaker, was probably because he’s a great public listener.
About the Guest:
Scott Sandland, CEO AND Co-Founder for Cyrano.ai
Scott is the former world’s youngest hypnotherapist. A few companies (and decades) later he is the CEO of a company focusing on artificial empathy and strategic linguistics. As a former executive director and CEO of a mental health clinic and longtime technologist, he has experience leading purpose driven organizations. He has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals, Psychology Today, Forbes, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Scott has presented his AI work at the United Nations AI for Global Good Conference and is a frequent guest lecturer at various universities.
About the Host:
Philip Topham is The Savvy Founder. Philip has an inquisitive mind and passion for ideas. He’s impatient to see tomorrow’s future today. He focuses on helping technical founders unlock their pragmatic dreamer and develop their business skills and social capital. With more than 25 years across start-ups and corporate roles, Philip has been everything from janitor to the Founder and Chief Everything Officer.
Philip, can be found camping, hiking, or playing billiards with friends; and he loves a good ‘international’ pot luck.
Words of Wisdom
- Ideas are worthless; revenues are priceless; surround yourself with smart people.
- Life is a journey – mole hills or mountains? it’s your choice.
Connect with Philip at:
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/philiptopham
Twitter – https://www.twitter.com/thesavvyfounder
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/thesavvyfounder
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thesavvyfounder
Website – https://www.philiptopham.com
Clubhouse – @thesavvyfounder
Free resources: 10 Most Fixable Pitch Deck Mistakes @ https://www.thesavvyfounder.com
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Follow the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcast app.
Leave us a review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review.