Ep 39: The Top 3 Tips to Shorten your Startup Journey
In this episode, we share the three most important tips to shorten your startup journey. No matter if you are seasoned CEO, startup founder, or future leader – these three tips, what we call a mental model, will serve you well.
- Mental Models – what are they?
- Google-like keyword phrases to help us remember and distill our understanding.
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Stay focused, understand your goal, but talk about your next step.
- Slowdown to Speed Up
- Rather than running or working 80 hour work weeks, slow down so you can find the shorter, quicker path forward.
- People, People, People
- With the End in Mind, Slow Down and ask People!
- Its not about the technology, its all about the people – your customers, your employees, your investors, your vendors, your partners, your community and everything your business does people are at the center.
About the Host:
Philip Topham is The Savvy Founder. Philip has an inquisitive mind and a passion for ideas. He’s impatient to see tomorrow’s future today. He helps technical founders build the business they want. He helps established businesses tap into their start-up founder to conquer a changing world. With more than 25 years across start-ups and corporate roles, Philip has been everything from janitor to the Founder and Chief Everything Officer.
Words of Wisdom
- Ideas are worthless; revenues are priceless; surround yourself with smart people.
- Life is a journey – mole hills or mountains? it’s your choice.
Talk to The Savvy Founder:
Connect with The Savvy Founder:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thesavvyfounder
Website – https://www.philiptopham.com
“10 Most Fixable Pitch Deck Mistakes” https://pitchdeck.thesavvyfounder.com
“Savvy Secrets – How I can find any business $100K in 45minutes” https://www.thesavvyfounder.com
Practical Business Training
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, share it with a fellow founder and business owner, so they took can shorten their journey, and build their business quicker.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Follow the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcast app.
Leave us a review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review.