Effective Date: January 2020
Information We Collect
Personal Information you provide to us. On various pages of the Website, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, place of employment, job title, photograph, phone number, and email / or address. You provide this information when you register with the Website or send a message on the Website. In addition, when you register on our Website or send a message on the Website, your personally identifiable information, including your email, will be added to our customer database and distribution list. You may make changes to your preferences on https://kolenaex.com by signing in, navigating to My Account, and selecting “Navigating Preferences.”
Financial Information: KOLENA or its suppliers collects credit or debit card information to facilitate a transaction.
In addition, KOLENA may supplement the personally identifiable information collected from you with information from other sources, such as publicly available databases or other information from business partners, in order to enhance KOLENA’s ability to provide or advertise its services or those of other entities or to otherwise tailor, manage, or operate the Website. The provision of information is sometimes required by law and at other times is a result of a contractual requirement. You may be required to provide information, for example in a case where we sign a contract with you, and the non-provision of information could, in certain circumstances, prevent a transaction from concluding.
Use of Information
Demographic Information: KOLENA shares demographic data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user, with KOLENA’s members, partners and affiliates and for advertising or other technical or business purposes.
Financial Information: KOLENA will use financial information to fulfill your transaction or order.
Survey Results: KOLENA uses survey results for business or marketing purposes or as may be required by law, and to participate in government programs and initiatives.
Technical Information: KOLENA will use this information to facilitate educational opportunities, provide content, participation, or otherwise allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features and for improving the Website’s performance, usability, and design. KOLENA also uses technical information to help diagnose problems with KOLENA’s servers, analyze Website usage trends, track user movements on the Website, and to otherwise manage and monitor the Website.
Where we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal data for the new purpose.
Disclosure of Information
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties, including the following:
- Affiliated third parties and partners such as KOLENA advertisers, sponsors, or suppliers;
- Third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as for website operation, the KOLENA learning portal, the KOLENA Job Bank, marketing, and transaction fulfillment purposes;
- KOLENA members through the KOLENA member directory on the website;
- Third parties for their direct marketing purposes;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, protect or defend KOLENA’s rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of KOLENA’s users;
- When legally required to do so in accordance with government requests or regulations or legal proceedings; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
The Website may also allow you to create a customer or member profile (“Profile”) and participate in Online Communities. You have choices about the information you include in your Profile, such as your job title and photograph. KOLENA wishes to remind you that any information you disclose in your Profile or in a communication forum, including any personally identifiable information, could become public information and visible to all KOLENA members. You may opt out of making such information public by logging into https://kolenaex.com and adjusting the privacy settings of your Profile.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation, including with our business partners, members, and affiliates and/or the general public, the news media, and with the U.S. Government and state governments.
This section applies to those that visit all KOLENA digital properties from the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Lawful Basis for Processing
On certain occasions, we process your personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, such as to provide services to you. We may also process your personal data to respond to your inquiries concerning our products and services.
On other occasions, we process your personal data where required by law. We may also process your personal data if necessary, to protect your interests or the interests of a third party.
Additionally, we process your personal data when necessary to do so for direct marketing purposes, to help you find content or information that you are seeking, to complete a transaction, to deliver a service, or for a related reason, and these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Where we process your personal data for these purposes, our legitimate interest is to serve the needs of KOLENA members and customers and carry out our business operations.
If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we will ask for your consent to process your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise the right to withdraw consent, contact our Director of Communications. Visit the Contacting Us section below for contact information.
Transfers of Personal Data
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
To exercise these rights, contact our Director of Communications. See the Contacting Us section below. Please be aware that KOLENA may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is the respective statutory retention period. KOLENA will retain data for seven years following a financial transaction and five years for other engagement or interaction with KOLENA. After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
Visiting KOLENA or sending emails to https://Kolena.com constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the KOLENA, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Cookies & Computer-Related Information
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are sent to your browser and stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device when you visit a website. The cookies send information back to the originating website or another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies can be permanent or temporary.
The cookies we use on our websites can be categorized as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to fully experience the website and use the features and functionalities available to you, such as access to secure areas of the website.
We use this type of cookie to handle user registration and login. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies can be either permanent or temporary. In short, without these cookies our websites won’t work properly or won’t be able to provide certain features and functionalities.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages are visited most often, in order to provide a better user experience. These cookies do not personally identify individual visitors. We use these cookies to:
- provide statistics on how our websites are used
- measure the delivery and performance of our advertising campaigns
These cookies could be permanent or temporary cookies, first-party or third-party cookies.
These cookies can be used to limit the number of times you see an ad as well as help manage the delivery of advertising campaigns. Advertising cookies are also used to customize the advertising across the website and make it more relevant to you.
Advertising cookies are placed by third parties such as advertisers, ad platforms and their agents, and can be permanent or temporary cookies. They are related to advertising services provided by third parties on our website.
Other third-party cookies
On some pages of our website we may have content from third-party services or sites. Please note that we do not control any cookies which are used by these services and you should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
How to manage & remove cookies
Accept or block cookies
Adjusting your settings on different browsers
When it comes to the management of cookies, each browser is set up in a different way. This will be covered by your browser’s help menu, which will tell you how to adjust your cookie settings. Click on the relevant link below to access detailed information regarding cookie settings – should your browser not be mentioned here, we invite you to look into the possibilities such a browser offers to adjust your cookie settings:
Other ways to block cookies
Depending on the type of cookie, there are other ways of managing cookies that do not involve adjusting your browser’s settings.
Block audience-measuring cookies
Audience-measuring cookies have been placed on our site by Google Analytics. You can block these specific cookies by clicking on the deactivation link below, downloading the add-on and installing it on your browser.
Google Analytics deactivation link: Deactivate Google Analytics
Please note that the add-on will save a cookie on your device, but that cookie will be used only to prevent your browser from transmitting data to Google Analytics.
For more information on deactivating Google Analytics and installing the browser add-on, click here: Browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics
Block social network cookies
To block cookies used by social networks (e.g., via sharing buttons), follow the instructions in the links below:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work without allowing them.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
External or Third-Party Websites
The Website may also include integrated social media tools or plug-ins, such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Website, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites
We sometimes may offer content (e.g., promotions) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a Website activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. The Website will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. KOLENA uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. KOLENA makes its customer, conference attendee, and some webcast registrant lists available to other reputable organizations whose products or offerings may be of interest to the KOLENA community. If you would like to opt out of receiving these materials (electronic or hard copy), you may contact KOLENA Customer Care by email at email@example.com or by following the unsubscribe instructions of the communication received. Additionally, you may select the content and offerings you wish to receive. To select your preferences, see the My Account section of kolenaex.com and Notification Preferences.
Please note, regardless of the email preferences selected, all new and renewing KOLENA members will receive an order confirmation for their membership and a welcome and orientation email series explaining how to access member-only benefits and content.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to, not more than once per calendar year, request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
Updating Your Information
You may request to review, change, or update your contact information by visiting this link: Profile Home(if you have an KOLENA account, please log in).
Comments or questions can be directed to Kolena Exchange Inc., in our role as data controller, by using our contact information. You may contact us at:
Director of Communications
13110 NE 177th Place. 1008
Woodinville, WA 98072
Effective Date: January 2020
Terms and Conditions
- License Grant. This TOU provides to You a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable license to use the Website conditioned on Your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOU. You may print and download materials and information from the Website solely for Your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information. The content layout, formatting, and features of and access privileges for the Website shall be as determined by KOLENA in its sole discretion.
- Restrictions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein the Website. Specifically, and by way of illustration and not limitation, You may not separate and use any graphics, photographs, or other audio, visual, or video elements from the accompanying text or material without the prior express written permission of KOLENA and/or its licensor(s). If you share any articles or published content from the Website, you may only do so through the Website’s designated “share” functionality. Moreover, You may not (a) use any “deep link,” “page scrape,” “robot,” “spider,” or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Website or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website, (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any KOLENA server or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining,” or any other illegitimate or prohibited means, (c) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website, (d) reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace any information on any other person or entity accessing or using the Website, (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or KOLENA’s systems or networks or any systems or networks connected to the Website, (f) use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website, (g) forge headers, impersonate a person, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise Your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal You send to KOLENA on or through the Website, (h) use the Website to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information; or (i) use the Website in an unlawful manner or in a manner that could damage, disparage, or otherwise negatively impact KOLENA.
- User Obligations. By downloading, accessing, or using the Website in order to view any information and materials, register or enter into a transaction with or through KOLENA for any reason, or submit information of any kind, You represent that You are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority (whichever is greater)) and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Website, including, without limitation, when You provide information via a Website registration or submission form. If You provide any false, inaccurate, untrue, or incomplete information, KOLENA reserves the right to terminate immediately Your access to and use of the Website and to seek other remedies or damages available under law or equity. In addition, You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to Your use of the Website. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and access to the Website is solely at Your own risk. While KOLENA has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Website, You should understand that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Website over the Internet or other form of global communication network cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, KOLENA is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website. You must make Your own determination as to such issues. If You wish to communicate with KOLENA through other means, please contact KOLENA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.276.2523.
- Other Terms and Conditions. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to participation, subscription, or a particular program, service, event, or solution. Moreover, if You are using the Website on behalf of an entity, please note that such entity may have a separate agreement with KOLENA regarding access and usage privileges to the restricted member portal areas of the Website. You agree to abide by such other notices, terms, and conditions or agreement, as applicable. If there is a conflict between this TOU and other notices, terms, and conditions posted to the Website, KOLENA shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion but the latter terms shall generally control with respect to such participation, subscription, or program, service, event, or solution.
- Links to the Website. KOLENA permits (plain) hypertext links to the primary landing page for the Website as well as to articles published on the Website. With respect to any such link(s), this TOU provides to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable license to post a plain text link to the Website from your member profile page or social media networks. Any links to the Website should not suggest that KOLENA promotes or otherwise endorses or is affiliated with any third-party products, services, programs, causes, campaigns, websites, or information unless KOLENA has provided prior written consent for such promotion, affiliation, or endorsement.
- Member Profiles. KOLENA makes available through the Website member profiles (the “Profiles”). In addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in this TOU, You acknowledge and agree that the Profiles shall be used only for personal and non-promotional purposes and that any information of the Profiles shall not be further published, displayed, or made accessible. Accordingly, unless KOLENA has provided its prior written consent, You acknowledge and agree that the contents of the Profiles may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied, disseminated, entered into a computer database, used as part of or in connection with a mailing list, or otherwise utilized, in any form or manner or by any means inconsistent with this TOU. You also acknowledge that a person or entity’s Profile represents only that such person or entity is registered with and an active member of the KOLENA online community. KOLENA makes no further representations or warranties regarding any such person or entity (or the related information) listed in the Profile, and any information made available through a Profile is provided on an “AS-IS” and “AS-AVAILABLE” basis without warranty of any kind.
- User-Name Handling Policy. Registration may be required for access to certain areas of the Website. These restricted areas, pages, or portals may further require both a user-name and a password or adherence to other particular access requirements as designated by KOLENA. Only one User can use one user name and password and, thus, one account. By limiting access, it helps avoid unauthorized usage by other persons, institutions, or entities because anyone with knowledge of both Your user name and password can gain entry to the restricted portions of the Website and to Your account. Accordingly, by using the Website, You agree to consider Your user name and password as confidential information and to keep Your user name and password confidential. You also agree not to use another User’s user name and password.You will immediately notify KOLENA if You become aware of any loss or theft of Your password or any unauthorized use of Your user name and password. KOLENA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with these obligations.
- Postings. The Website may contain blogs, forums, message boards, portals, comment areas, questionnaires and other interactive features and functionality where Users can share and post information and/or photos, video, or audio. To the extent that the Website contains such communication forums and online communities (referenced collectively herein as “Online Communities”), You agree that by using the Website You will not upload, post, display, or transmit any of the following materials on the Website’s Online Communities:
- anything that interferes with or disrupts the Website or the operation thereof,
- statements or material that defames, harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, intimidates, or in any way violates the rights of others,
- unauthorized copyrighted materials or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, trade secrets, or privacy of others,
- statements or material that violates other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements,
- statements or material that is bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive,
- statements or material that encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction,
- statements or material that constitutes anti-competitive collaboration and/or antitrust violations,
- statements or material that contains vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable language or images that typically would not be considered socially or professionally responsible or appropriate in person,
- statements or material that harms minors,
- statements or material that impersonates any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including, without limitation, employees and representatives of KOLENA,
- statements or material that misrepresents Your affiliation with any entity and/or KOLENA,
- anything that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any other person, including, without limitation, posting any personally identifying information of another individual,
- chain letters or pyramid schemes,
- statements or materials that are deceptive or misleading,
- statements or material that constitutes junk mail, spam, or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials,
- statements or material that are “off-topic” for a designated community, and
- files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Website.
10. Permission to Use Postings. Forums are the resources and property of KOLENA and/or its licensors and You will not have any proprietary interest in any Forum. Moreover, by submitting content, information, or a work of authorship of any type ( “Posting”) to a Forum/Group or other portion of the Website or by otherwise using the Website to transmit or display a Posting, You automatically grant KOLENA a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sublicense (or further license), distribute, transmit, perform, and display such content or information (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate into (or combine with) other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content or information. Without limitation of the foregoing, KOLENA may require You to agree to a separate license agreement for any Posting. You represent that you have all necessary rights to make the Posting available to KOLENA and a Forum, and you also acknowledge that such Postings are non-confidential for all purposes and that KOLENA has no control over the extent to which any idea or information may be used by any party or person once it’s posted or displayed. Accordingly, notwithstanding this right and license, it is understood that by merely permitting Your information, content, and materials to appear on the Website KOLENA has not become and is not a publisher of such information, content, and materials and is merely functioning as an intermediary to enable You to provide and display a Posting. Moreover, KOLENA assumes no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store any Posting and recommends that You do not post, display, or transmit any confidential or sensitive information.
11. No Pre-Screening of Postings. KOLENA is not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring Your or another User’s Postings and encourages all of its Users to use reasonable discretion and caution in evaluating or reviewing any Posting. Moreover, and except as provided below with respect to KOLENA’s right and ability to delete or remove a Posting (or any part thereof), KOLENA does not endorse, oppose, or edit any opinion or information provided by You or another User and does not make any representation with respect to, nor does it endorse the accuracy, acceptability, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other material displayed, uploaded, or distributed by You or any other User. Nevertheless, KOLENA reserves the right to monitor, delete, or take other action with respect to Postings (or parts thereof) that KOLENA believes in good faith violate this TOU and/or are, or are potentially, unlawful or harmful to KOLENA or its affiliates, volunteers, services, or goodwill. If You violate this TOU, KOLENA may, in its sole discretion, delete the unacceptable content from Your Posting, remove or delete the Posting in its entirety, issue You a warning, and/or terminate Your use of the Website. Moreover, it is a policy of KOLENA to take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) under U.S. Copyright Law and other applicable intellectual property laws. If You become aware of Postings that violate these rules regarding acceptable behavior or content, You may contact KOLENA and KOLENA will take action pursuant to its DMCA Takedown Policy.
13. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS. The use of the Website including, without limitation, its reproduction and display by the United States of America and/or any other country and its or their respective instrumentalities (including prime contractors or any other contractor at any tier), agencies, or offices, regardless of form (collectively, the “Government”), shall be governed by this TOU. Accordingly, the Website is provided to the Government with LIMITED RIGHTS and/or RESTRICTED RIGHTS (as applicable). Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (g) of the Rights in Data – General clause at 48 C.F.R. § 52.227-14, subparagraphs (b)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software License clause at 48 C.F.R. § 52.227-19, or subparagraph (b)(1) of Technical Data–Commercial Items clause at D.F.A.R.S. § 252.227-7015, as applicable. Moreover, all KOLENA products and materials, including the Website, are commercial in nature and were not first produced in the performance of any Government contract. Accordingly, the data, software and documentation available through the Website Data are “Commercial Items,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or D.F.A.R.S. § 252.227-7014, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §§227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are licensed to Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. For any use of the Website that would require compliance by KOLENA with a particular Government requirement not identified herein or that would affect KOLENA’s rights, the applicable Government entity, agency, or office must notify KOLENA of said Government requirement and obtain a waiver or exemption from such requirements for the benefit of KOLENA before any government access to the Website. Any Government Licensee shall also affix the following “Government Rights Notice” to any copy of any information downloaded or printed from the Website made available to any Government Authorized User:
(a) Data. This data is submitted with limited rights and is subject to the terms of the Kolena Exchange Inc. (“KOLENA’s”) current commercial license agreement. This data may be used by the Government with the express limitation that the Government will not, without written permission of the KOLENA, be used in any manner prohibited by KOLENA’s current commercial license agreement.
(b) Software. Use, reproduction, or disclosure is subject to restrictions set forth in KOLENA’s current commercial license agreement.
(c) This notice shall be marked on any reproduction of this data, in whole or in part.
14. Feedback. KOLENA welcomes Your feedback and suggestions about KOLENA’s programs or services or with respect to how to improve the Website. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, “Feedback”) to KOLENA, You represent and warrant that such Feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that You have all rights necessary to convey to KOLENA and enable KOLENA to use such Feedback. In addition, any Feedback received through the Website will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for KOLENA to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such Feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
15. Third Party Products & Services. KOLENA, in its sole discretion, may feature and/or post the advertisements or logos of third parties on the Website and/or feature or utilize on the Website materials, programs, products, and services provided by third parties over which KOLENA has no control. KOLENA makes no representations with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability, or correct sequencing of such third-party materials, programs, products, and services or any other materials, programs, products, and services which such third-party materials, products, and services may access. Your correspondence or any other dealings with third parties found on the Website are solely between You and such third party. Accordingly, KOLENA expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for all third-party provided materials, programs, products, and services contained on or accessed through the Website, and You agree that KOLENA shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Website.
16. Links to Other Websites. KOLENA may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for Your convenience in locating or accessing related information, products, and/or services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by KOLENA and are maintained by third parties over which KOLENA exercises no control. Accordingly, KOLENA expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party.
17. Mobile Services. The Website may offer certain tools or services that are available to You via Your mobile phone or other mobile device (collectively, “Mobile Services”). Please note that Your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will apply to Your use of the Mobile Services. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by Your mobile carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. Therefore, You are responsible for checking with Your mobile carrier to determine if the Mobile Services are available for Your mobile devices, what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to Your use of the Mobile Services, and how much they will cost You. Nevertheless, all use of the Website and its Mobile Services shall be in accordance with this TOU.
18. Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE FUNCTIONALITY, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. MOREOVER, KOLENA MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS WEBSITE OR IN THE MATERIALS, AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. KOLENA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES, MATERIALS, AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS (TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW) ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY UNDER THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT AS ENACTED BY ANY STATE. KOLENA ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED FASHION OR THAT ANY MESSAGE, FILE, AND/OR INFORMATION WILL BE STORED, ARCHIVED, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE IN A MANNER FREE OF LOSS, VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION, OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES.
19. Limitation of Liability. You expressly absolve and release KOLENA from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond KOLENA’s control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes, or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions. MOREOVER, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL KOLENA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF KOLENA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ADDITION, TOTAL LIABILITY OF KOLENA FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO KOLENA IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE OR $2,500 (US), WHICHEVER IS LESS.
20. Governing Law. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the State of Washington. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state or federal courts in the State of Washington and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Any claim You might have against KOLENA must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. You access the Website on Your own volition and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws with respect to Your access and use of the Website. In any legal proceeding brought by KOLENA, KOLENA shall have the right to seek and be awarded all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in addition to any other relief, at law or in equity, to which KOLENA may be entitled.
21. Enforcing Security on the Website. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Website may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. KOLENA reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Website without notice or permission from You, including, without limitation, by archiving notices or communications sent by You through the Website. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal or unlawful activity on the Website as well as to disclosures required by or under applicable law or related government agency actions. KOLENA will also comply with all court orders or subpoenas involving requests for such information. In addition to the foregoing, KOLENA reserves the right to, at any time and without notice, modify, suspend, terminate, or interrupt operation of or access to the Website, or any portion of the Website in order to protect the Website, KOLENA, or KOLENA’s business.
22. Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU, including, without limitation, with respect to unauthorized use of KOLENA proprietary assets, will cause irreparable injury to KOLENA, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and KOLENA would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that KOLENA shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of Your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that KOLENA post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to KOLENA to enforce any provision of this TOU.
23. Term & Termination. This TOU will take effect (or re-take effect) at the moment You check the box certifying that You have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Website, register, respond through the Website to a request for information, and/or begin downloading, accessing, or using the Website, whichever is earliest. KOLENA reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraudulent or unlawful activity or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this TOU, to deny Your access to the Website or to any portion thereof in order to protect its name and goodwill, its business, and/or other Users, and this TOU will also terminate automatically if You fail to comply with its terms and conditions, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without notice and may impact Your membership status with KOLENA. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing to use the Website, but all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as identified below, and each re-access or use of the Website will reapply this TOU (then in effect) to You. Upon termination, You must destroy all copies of any aspect of the Website in Your possession. The provisions concerning KOLENA’s proprietary rights, feedback, disclaimers of warranty, limitations of liability, waiver and severability, entire agreement, injunctive relief, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
24. Waiver & Severability. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by KOLENA of any right under this TOU will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.
25. Entire Agreement. No joint venture, partnership, employment, affiliate, or agency relationship exists between You and KOLENA as result of this TOU or Your utilization of the Website. This TOU represents the entire agreement between You and KOLENA with respect to use of the Website, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between You and KOLENA with respect to the Website. You may not assign or transfer any rights under this TOU without the prior written consent of KOLENA. Please note that KOLENA reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this TOU by posting a revised TOU or mailing and/or e-mailing notice thereof to You. In addition, KOLENA may add, modify, or delete any aspect, program, or feature of the Website, but KOLENA is not under any obligation to add any upgrade, enhancement, or modification. Your continued use of the Website following any announced change will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to the terms and conditions of this TOU. Accordingly, please review the TOU found at this location on a periodic basis.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Take-down Policy
Kolena Corporation (“KOLENA,” also identified herein as “we” or “us”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects others to do the same. Accordingly, it is KOLENA’s policy to respond to a notice of alleged infringement that complies with U.S. Copyright Law, and in particular, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512 (the “DMCA”). If you (with end users, claimants, or visitors identified herein as “You”) believe that any materials made accessible by KOLENA have been used or copied in a way that infringes Your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, You may request removal of those materials from the KOLENA website or any other digital properties owned and operated by KOLENA (referred to collectively as the “Website”) by providing written notice to KOLENA’s designated agent as specified below along with the following information:
- A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;
- A description, in reasonable detail (including any applicable URL address), of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed;
- A description, in reasonable detail, of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your written notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
FAILURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY SPECIFIC URLS WHERE CONTENT MAY BE FOUND, WILL RESULT IN A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DMCA NOTIFICATION AND MAY RESULT IN YOU HAVING TO REPEAT SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE PROCESS. KOLENA WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIVE ACTION TO REMOVE CONTENT UNTIL ALL OF THE NECESSARY INFORMATION IS PROVIDED.
Notice And Takedown. If KOLENA receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing, as described below, or to be the subject of infringing activity. KOLENA will also comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter-notification is received, as further described below. In addition, KOLENA may, at its discretion, deny access to its Website by disablement and/or termination of accounts.
Designated Agent. KOLENA’s designated copyright agent to receive DMCA notices is Kolena Corporation.
13110 NE 177th Place. 1008
Woodinville, WA 98072
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, KOLENA will follow the procedures outlined herein.
Copyright Counter-Notices. If KOLENA terminates or suspends Your access to or use of the Website, KOLENA will make a good-faith attempt (as warranted) to contact You so that You may make a counter notification pursuant to applicable laws. It is KOLENA’s policy to document all notices of alleged infringement upon which KOLENA decides to take action. If content You posted on the Website was removed due to a claim(s) of copyright or intellectual property infringement and You would like to dispute that removal, the process for counter-notifications is governed by Section 512(g) of the DMCA:
- To file a counter-notification with us, You must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below.
- Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees and costs. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users (and removal of content from users) who are infringers. Accordingly, if You are not sure whether certain material infringes the copyrights of others, we suggest that You first contact an attorney.
Elements of Counter-Notification. To expedite our ability to process Your counter-notification, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identify the specific URLs of material that KOLENA has removed or to which KOLENA has disabled access.
- Provide Your full name, address, telephone number, email address and, if You are a member or customer of KOLENA, your member or customer number.
- Provide a statement that You consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State Washington, and that You will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to KOLENA in accordance with the process outlined above or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or mis-identification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Sign the notice. If You are providing notice by email, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted. Send the communication to the designated copyright agent listed above.
After we receive Your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it may include any of Your identifying information set forth in the counter-notification. By submitting a counter-notification, You therefore consent to having such identifying information revealed in this way.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within ten (10) days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain You from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Website. If we receive such notification, we will be unable to restore the items. If we do not receive such notification, we may, but are not obligated to, reinstate the disputed item(s).
Foreign Counter-Notification. If You reside outside of the United States, please understand that filing a counter-notice may lead to legal proceedings between You and the complaining party to determine ownership. Therefore, please be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in Your country and/or the United States of America if You make a false or bad faith allegation by using this process. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who are infringers. So, if You are not sure whether content You posted on the Website is being infringed, or are otherwise unsure of whether to file a counter-notification using these procedures, we recommend You first contact a lawyer knowledgeable in the laws of the United States. If You do wish to file a counter-notice, You should follow the process set forth above under the heading “Elements of Counter-Notification.”
Manage Your Membership Here
If your Subscription or Membership was paused you can rejoin with no upfront joining fee. You’ll just pay whatever the going rate is for the monthly/yearly membership fees. Note: Your grandfathered rates no longer apply.
Canceled Subscription and/or Memberships – If you canceled your subscription or membership it’s like starting all over from scratch. You have a joining fee, plus, whatever the current subscription or membership rates are. And you’ll start over with your certification and learning courses.
If you’ve been removed and blocked from a Kolena Exchange Facebook Group you can make an appeal here.
All Facebook groups run by Kolena strive to provide a safe and supportive environment for all users.
Our groups are built on mutual respect and trust and by following group rules.
If you feel you’ve been unjustly removed and blocked and would like to appeal your status for review click here.
Refunds will only be issued for the course, subscription or membership within five days of purchase if you have NOT started any course, or any course in the subscription or membership.
Refunds, transfers, or course substitutions will not be issued after purchase if you have started to courses. Click here to get the process started.
- Your membership payments or purchases.
- Access to the Kolena Exchange Learning hub
- Pre-Access to any future courses
- Group coaching
- Your VIP access to industry events
- Your position and course verification on the wall of Life-Long Learners
Cancellations remove you from our database along with your archived courses. The process is not reversible. Click here to get the process started.